Aadhaar is a 12-digit number code issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar which is used for establishing the identity on the basis of demographic and biometric information is compulsory to avail almost all government benefits now.
The Centre has made it mandatory for all existing bank account holders to provide their Aadhaar numbers to their banks. December 31 is the last date to link your Aadhaar with the bank account. If any customer fails, the account will no longer be operational.
Reactivation of bank account
The customer can re-activate their bank account by submitting the required documents and linking it with Aadhaar. According to the finance ministry directive, “Provided that in case client already having an account based relationship with reporting entities prior to date of this notification fails to submit the Aadhaar number and Permanent Account Number by 31st December, 2017, the said account shall cease to be operational until the time the Aadhaar number and Permanent Account Number is submitted by the client”.
Aadhaar-bank account linking status
You can check the bank account-Aadhaar linking status using your mobile phone.
- Dial *99*99*1# 2 from your mobile phone.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm that the digits entered is correct
- The customer will get to know the title of the bank where the Aadhaar has been linked.
Check Aadhaar-bank account linking status
Bank account holder can check their Aadhaar linking status by login to the UIDAI website.
- Visit the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and security code.
- Enter submit. By submitting a One-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number registered in the Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Login.’
- After successful, the website shows whether your Aadhaar number is successfully mapped.
You can check the Aadhaar bank account linking status only if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar. By following the above-mentioned procedure, you can only check the last bank account that has been linked with your Aadhaar. If you have more than one bank account, you will have to check the status of the same with the bank. You can contact the bank directly.
Source by goodreturns..