Petrol prices on Saturday slashed by 40-42 paise per litre in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai, compared with the previous day’s rates. Diesel prices were lowered by 30-32 paise per litre, according to Indian Oil Corporation’s website. According to the new rate chart, the revised petrol price in Delhi is Rs. 77.02 per litre, in Mumbai it is Rs. 84.84 per litre, in Kolkata it is Rs. 79.68 per litre and in Chennai it is Rs. 79.95 per litre on Saturday. The revised diesel price in metro cities are- Rs. 68.28 per litre in Delhi, Rs. 70.83 per litre in Kolkata, 72.7 per litre in Mumbai and Rs. 72.08 per litre in Chennai.
Here are 5 things to know about petrol, diesel prices today:
1. The revised petrol and diesel rates are applicable from 6:00 a.m. on June 9, 2018.
2. Prices have been reduced for 11th consecutive day today. The continuing petrol price slash has taken the price reduction toll to over Re 1 in the four major metros i.e., Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai.
(Petrol prices per litre on Saturday)
3. These cuts come after sixteen consecutive hikes in petrol prices in May, a month during which international crude oil prices touched their 2014 peaks, around $80 a barrel and the rupee slipped to an 18-month low of 68.42 against the US dollar.
4. During this period, petrol prices have been lowered by Rs. 1.40 per litre in Delhi, Rs. 1.38 per litre in Kolkata, Rs. 1.4 per litre in Mumbai and Rs. 1.48 per litre in Chennai, Indian Oil Corporation data shows.
5. Similarly, diesel prices have been brought down by Rs. 1.3 per litre in Delhi and Kolkata each, Rs. 1.17 per litre in Mumbai and Rs. 1.3 per litre in Chennai during this period.
Source by ndtv..Share: